So, we finally got around to signing up for classes and are hoping Peyton stays in long enough so we can finish them by the end of the month. We had our first class on Tuesday night that lasted 2 hours but overall I think it was pretty informative...at least for Rick! Most of the class consisted of us watching a movie on all the stages of labor/birth. Luckily, most of it was animated and not live shots! There were a few but it was manageable to watch.:) My favorite part of the class was when we practiced different labor positions and the instructor had the "labor coach" massage the mom with a massager that looked like a turtle. I think we need one of those at home!! Rick thinks a tennis ball will work just as well but I'm not convinced. Next week Rick will "conveniently" be out of town most of the week, missing 2 classes-childbirth and breastfeeding, which I think he is happy about.
Rick here now...just a couple of thoughts after an informative birthing class. It's apparent that men in general have no idea what goes on. Women however seem to instantly know everything...seems like there is some passing down of information from mother to daughter. While it's true I'm missing a couple of classes this week it's probably not a bad thing. I'm working on my ability to embarass my children....and heard a suggestion from one of our friends from church about trying to get my hands on a prothestic boob....and wear it to the breastfeeding class. That would be a great story for Peyton's first date when she's 26.
Also had shower # 4 yesterday at my office. 2 girls I used to work with make wonderful cakes so I just had to post pictures of the ones from the shower. They could make big bucks off these and not only do they look good, they taste great too! One was red velvet and the other lemon.
Finally for those of you who don't know our first "child", his name is Tucker and he just turned a year old last month. He is a CRAZY cat that we hope will not try to play with the baby like he does with everyone else by attacking and biting. Hopefully he will be put off by the crying and not be too much of a pain. For now, we enjoy giving him lots of attention.:)

1 comment:
Good luck with the classes, they sound like a blast. we're missing all our scheduled classes since im on bed rest. doh! keep us posted on things! xoxo Laura and Greg Allen
Post a Comment