We've had a very busy week! Last week Peyton and I went to Alexandria, VA with Grandma Summers and Aunt Elyse for a few days. Grandma had a meeting for work and Elyse was off from school so we got to hang out in Old Town. Also while we were there, Peyton got to meet Mary Grace, my friend Megan's little girl. She is 6 weeks younger than Peyton and has a few pounds on her. I love the picture of the 2 of them holding hands. P couldn't keep her hands off of Mary Grace-MG was a good sport! I also got to visit with a few other friends from college which was so fun. Then on Friday when we got home we turned around and flew to Richmond for the weekend. On Saturday Peyton got to play with the Brown twins and Jonah. Jonah is the oldest of the kids and showed the strength he has over the girls! :) Catherine acted as if it was nothing to be pounded on the head-guess that's what happens when you have 3 other siblings. Later that day we went to a big family party with the Dierkers'. P went to everyone without a fuss and enjoyed all the excitement that went on. During the party Aunt Kelly got engaged!! Yeah! It was so exciting and we're so happy for Kelly and John. There's a picture-pre-engagement of Kelly with P, John's daughter and his niece. THEN Sunday night when we got home, my friend from CO, Skye, came to visit for a short while. Here is our feable attempt at taking a picture of the 3 of us. It had been a few years since I last saw Skye so it was fun to catch up and of course, introduce her to Peyton.
The band-aid picture is evidence of Peyton's 6 month dr.'s appt. She did great and is growing so fast!! She is 27 inches long and 16.2 lbs-90th percentile for height and 75th for weight. Everything looked great and we liked the new pediatrician. He took lots of time with us to explain the practice and answer any questions I had. It was encouraging that he didn't give me a hard time about spacing out her shots. We need to go back in a few weeks for another shot since I am still spacing them out but won't have to go back to see the dr until she is 9 months old. P is enjoying solids like sweet potatoes, rice cereal, peas, pears, and apple sauce. I think she'll eat anything that is mixed with rice cereal. This week I'll attempt to make my own baby food. Other than that, Peyton is laughing, smiling, "talking", rolling over and over, and sitting up on her own. Everyday there seems to be something new!

No comments:
Post a Comment