Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Labor Day weekend festivities






It was a fun Labor weekend with lots of activities to wear Miss Peyton out! Uncle Ryan and Aunt Krysta came up from Richmond and Grandpa B's sisters and nephew were also in town for the weekend. On Sunday we ventured to the beach for the day-it was lots of fun! But as Jersey people say, "We went down the shore"...but I still can't call the beach "the shore". Despite traffic we got there in about an hour and 20 minutes. Rick and I are thinking we need to go more often if it stays warm for a few more weeks. Peyton didn't seemed phased by the sand but wasn't too keen on the cool ocean water. She had a great day watching people, lounging under the umbrella and sporting her cute sunglasses for everyone! Monday we went to the neighbors' for a Labor Day party and Peyton enjoyed meeting lots of new friends. So back to reality this week, everyone is back to work and Peyton and I will attempt to find new things to do. We need to hang out with Aunt Elyse a few more times before she starts back to school on Thursday.

2 comments:

Pound said...

What a fun Labor Day weekend! Wish ya'll had been at Smith Mountain Lake with us!! Next Summer!!!

Ryan and Kate said...

So fun! Sounds like you are definately enjoying the new scenery! I can't believe how big Payton is getting - I'm amazed at how fast time flies!