Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Road trip!









We made it to NJ Monday evening all in one piece....I have to say this leg of the trip, from Richmond to NJ was better than NC to Richmond. Peyton was definitely more agreeable this week.:) I've posted some pictures of the downstairs of our apartment. Its nice-we only had a few issues with it that they are taking care of this week.:) Rick started his job today and it sounds like he will have a pretty easy week transitioning into his new position. Just as Peyton and I were getting used to having him home with us everyday. Yesterday we spent the afternoon driving around, trying to get an idea of what was in the area and got some necessities. My parents came over Monday night when we got here and brought dinner. Actually my mom was sneaky and came over earlier in the day and left us some groceries, fresh flowers, map of NJ, a candle, etc. to make it feel more like "home". It was great!!

We had a great week in Richmond hanging out with friends and family. Rick played lots of golf, went to the some movies, and rode along with Ryan during one of his night shifts. One of the highlights of the night was pulling over a girl who tried to hide from them and taking a walk in the housing projects after curfew. Peyton had fun hanging out with some new friends and her Aunts, Katie and Krysta, a few times during the week. She even got to spend some with the grandparents and aunt Kelly before they left for Oregon. The picture of all the babies was during a play date with the Brown twins and Jonah. It was a busy afternoon! Peyton also tried out the Bumbo which she did pretty good with but I think it will be a few more months until we can use our's.

We'll keep you posted on the latest from Jersey!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Aww your mom is too cute! I'm glad ya'll made it to NJ safely. Have fun getting settled!

Ryan and Kate said...

Looks like you guys are adjusting well! I love the video of Peyton - she is too cute! Also - Don't forget to forward us your new address!

Love, Kate

Stacey O'D said...

Holy Babies!! That's quite a group! I am so happy for you that you are near your mom! Yay! She is so thoughtful to make you feel at home. I hope it starts to feel like home soon. I guess we'll be going north for our visit now! Can't wait to see you all sometime soon. Love you!